Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cyclone Ellie and the week that was

I had the most awesome week! My Mum was here, my beautiful Miss 5, Grace, started school and shines so bright every day, parenting has seemingly got so much easier with only 3 babes at home during the day. My marriage is healthy and I love my man to bits and I'm about to embark on some of the most AMAZING birthing experiences at the invitation of some beautiful expectant Mum's.

The weather at the moment is rainy to say the least. Today we took a walk up to the Ross River Dam as they currently have the spillway open. On the landing of the spillway Elizabeth did the most entertaining Marilyn Monroe impersonation that had us in stitches.

Cyclone Ellie is bearing down on the FNQ coast, it was all a bit surreal heading to the supermarket today. Not for anything in particular, but felt like a bit of a mosey on out of the house. Annandale Central was MANIC with people stocking up on water and torches and candles and, and, and....I had to quietly giggle at the chaos. Although I must say, Miss Ellie, nothing can dampen my spirits and should you happen upon us, you'll find us quietly bunkered down in the loungeroom watching Beauty and the Beast on the portable DVD, and me most likely reading my Pharmacology text by torchlight!

No comments: