Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Sparkling Student

Paul rang me in a flurry this afternoon - he forgot to tell me that Grace was receiving a Sparkling Student award at school and that I should attend assembly at 2pm. I worked the late last night and he collected the children from school and forgot to pass on this vital info. I guess this really wasn't a problem, in fact, I didn't want to miss it at all, although it did peeve me because it was late notice and my day had already consisted of next to no study.

I got the children ready, jumped in the car, put it into gear and nothing, not a thing, the car lurched forward and stopped, then in reverse it lurched back and stopped! I started having horror visions of very expensive gearbox type shenanigans for my 2005 Black Kia Carnival (Mindy Black).

In a flap I ran over to my very lovely and accommodating neighbour and spoke to her to which she offered me her car and to look after Eva, Joseph and Elizabeth in return for picking up her 3 children Jack, Ally and Finn (who also attend SCCS).

I raced over to school, just in time for assembly to start and see my bubba Gig get her Sparkling Student award (awwwww). I could see her looking around and then I pushed on through to get a pic, she was super excited to have me there.

Then the text came, Elizabeth had poo'ed everywhere and poor Sharon had the thankless task of cleaning it all up. Bless her and all that her cotton sox hold is all I can say (bottle of wine en-route)!

On the way home Jack treated me to his rendition of TNT (an 8 year old who loves a bit of ACCA!) and got me to swing past the dip which is currently 2.4m under water.

As it turned out, in all this rain and poor road conditions over the last few days, Mindy Black's handbreak had seized and my strapping handsome husband fixed it all for me.

So, here she is, Southern Cross Catholic School's Prep 2 Sparkling Student for Working Independently - Grace Regina Wilton.

No comments: