Sunday, March 15, 2009

My first follow through experience

I'm still waiting to speak to the Mum to get her permission to publish details, but I was so very honoured and thrilled to be invited to a birth this morning. It was a caesarean in the end (undiagnosed breech with ROM @ 40+2), so a bit of an unexpected outcome for Mum, but her and baby are doing well. I, of course, cried again at bubbies first cry. It's just a joyous feeling I wonder if it will ever go away. In a way I hope not, but I don't want to be a blubbery mess everytime I deliver a baby.

2 comments:

Emma said...

That's wonderful! I'm sure with more experience you'll learn to keep the tears in check and still feel that rush of emotion.

Natalie said...

I hope not. Both my midwifes were quite emotional at the births of my girls and I will forever be grateful that they felt that overwhelming feeling of childbirth.